If you are looking for the best winch for Polaris ranger 1000 then this blog post is for anyone who needs a winch for their Polaris Ranger 1000. I have put together a list of the 5 best winches that you can find on the market today.
It also contains an explanation of what type of features to look for in a good winch and why it’s important to do so when buying one. You will also find product reviews, which are helpful if you need more information about any particular model before making your purchase decision.
I’ve already done the hard work for you in finding these high-quality winches that are available on the market today.
So, take a look at this article and find what will fit your needs.
- Best Overall- SuperATV Black Ops 3500 LB Winch for Polaris Ranger 1000
- Best Power- Champion Power 4500-lb. ATV/UTV Wireless Winch
- Best Value- Bravex Electric 12V 3500lb Single Line Waterproof Winch
SuperATV Black Ops 3500 LB Winch
16.22 x 12.83 x 8.35 inches
Champion Power Equipment Synthetic Rope Winch
15.6 x 12.8 x 7.1 inches
Bravex Electric 12V Single Line Waterproof Winch
14.57 x 12.99 x 6.54 inches
AC-DK 4500 lb Winch Steel Wire Electric Winch
16.69 x 11.02 x 7.09 inches
FIERYRED 12V Electric Synthetic Rope ATV Winch
16.42 x 11.14 x 7.01 inches
What should you look for when buying a winch?
Before we get into the product reviews, we need to look at some of the things that you should consider when looking for a winch. This will help you find the perfect model and avoid having to return it to the store because it’s not what you wanted.
You must know how much pulling power your winch needs to have. This is measured in pounds or amperes depending on the type of winch you’re looking for.
Nowadays, most models use electromagnet technology and they can pull up to 12 000 pounds which is reasonable if you want to use it for your UTV or maybe a 4×4 vehicle.
This is also an important factor. If you are looking for a winch that will work only occasionally, then the speed won’t be very important to you.
On the other hand, if you want a model that works fast then it’s essential that you check out the speed of any potential purchase to avoid having your winching project move at a snail pace.
You want the wire rope to become fully extended before you start pulling which leaves enough time to position your load and carefully tighten it without scaring or hurting yourself.
This is another factor that requires some research on your part because you need to find out how much weight can your winch pull. Make sure you know the model’s specifications and compare them to your needs before making a purchase.
Lastly, you need to know what kind of power source does your winch has? There are models that only work when plugged into an AC outlet, while others may have a 12V battery or can be powered by hand. This is not unimportant, but it’s quite obvious that the model with the battery would be handier and easier to use.
Which Is The Best Winch for Polaris Ranger 1000
1.Super ATV Black Ops 3500 lb. Winch for Polaris Ranger
The Super ATV Black Ops 3500 lb. winch is a great choice for those looking to beef up their UTVs and rescue fellow drivers or explorers! With an ability to pull up to 3,500 pounds and 50 feet of rope, this winch is perfect for pulling out rigs off the trail (yes we’ve seen it happen!).
- 50′ synthetic rope
- Wired dash rocker switch
- Aluminum hawse fairlead 4.3″
- Rope stopper
It can also be used as a plow attachment by those who plow during the winter months.
The remote control has been waterproofed, so it won’t break from water splashing onto your dash panel when you’re out there on that dreary day getting dirty.
And don’t worry about any wires getting tangled thanks to heavy-gauge wiring included with the purchase! If you’re in the market for a winch for your UTV, then do yourself a favor and consider this model!
- 50-foot synthetic rope
- Wireless remote
- 3500 lbs pulling power
- Free spooling and automatic clutch
- Water-resistant remote
- Aluminum hawse fairlead
- Mounting plate not included
2.Champion Power Equipment ATV/UTV Wireless Winch for Polaris Ranger
The Champion Power Equipment-14560 4500-lb. ATV/UTV Wireless Winch is a piece of equipment that is strong in its design.
The wire in the device runs through an eyelet in the spools, which allows for solid support.
- 50-foot radius with the wireless remote
- 1.6-horsepower (12-volt) DC motor
- handlebar switch
The device can be used in many applications, but it is most popular when pulling small trees, for it has a powerful battery and remote control that is very convenient. It has high-quality steel cables that are strong and durable.
There is also an emergency shut-off switch to prevent the winch from cranking when there’s nothing hooked up to it.
This product can be useful when tackling heavy jobs, but it is also easy to use when working with smaller projects.
- Requires low maintenance
- Easy to install and mount
- Affordable and durable
- Has more power being lightweight
- Preserves battery life of the mechanics
- Gets overheated in continuous use
- Has a bad remote reception
This is the best winch for Polaris ranger 1000 XP crew which gives you power, performance, and reliability that are the perfect combination of the best features.
3.Bravex Electric 12V 3500lb/1591kg Single Line Waterproof Winch
This heavy-duty electric trailer winch comes with a high-powered motor to make sure you can access all kinds of jobs.
With this winch, you are able to do your work on water, sand, mud, or even rocks all thanks to its durable durability and waterproof design.
- 4-Way Roller
- Great Looking And Long Lifetime
- Lightning-Fast Line Speeds
- Three-Stage Planetary Geartrain
This best electric tow vehicle is also equipped with an exclusive brake design that allows you to better control the speed during operation while still being able to stop it whenever needed.
It has up to 5000 lb pulling force which would be perfect for these types of applications where more power is needed.
You can trust its powerful wireless remote control to operate the best electric tow vehicle even up to 500 ft away.
- Powerful and durable design
- Can be operated up to 500 ft away
- Waterproof and resistant to almost all types of weather conditions
- Safe and quick operation
- Price is a bit higher than other comparable units
This Bravex Electric gives you not only power to haul your Polaris ranger but also protect it. You can control it up to 30 ft or 10 m. This winch is waterproof and very durable for all conditions.
4.AC-DK 4500 lb Winch Steel Wire Electric Winch
It comes with a 1.4HP motor that will generate enough pulling power for small jobs such as ATVs and UTVs.
This winch also has a motor cooler which will keep out the heat and ensure a long lifespan of the product.
- Multi-purpose utility trailers
- 4500lb winch with synthetic rope
- Handlebar Mounted Mini-rocker Switch
- 12V DC Permanent Magnet Motor
The AC-DK 4500 lb Winch Steel Wire Electric Winch is available in Synthetic Rope or Steel Cable and it’s lightweight than steel cable so it can be transported easier, but offers less breaking strength than synthetic rope which offers more breaking strengths over metal cables.
One of my favorite features of this product is its heavy-duty 4-way roller fairlead that allows easy use without any trouble.
Another feature that I like is the rope stopper and operation safety gloves that come with it to ensure the safe handling of this product.
- It comes with a 1.4 HP motor
- Available in two different types of rope, Steel Cable or Synthetic Rope
- The 4-way roller fairlead provides ease of use without any trouble
- Rope stopper and operation gloves are included for proper safety usage
- Bit noisy
5.FIERYRED 12V 4500LBS Electric Synthetic Rope ATV Winch
The FIERYRED 12V 4500LBS Electric Synthetic Rope ATV Winch is a great purchase for any recreational off-road vehicle that needs the ability to break loose from tough terrain.
It has an automatic cable or wire spinning capability, is very easy to use, and conveniently fastens in place with metal hooks and tie-downs so you can enjoy your drive uninterrupted knowing your winch will be ready when you need it most!
- Powerful sealed 1.9 HP motor
- 3-Stage planetary
- Automatic In-the-Durm
I recommend this product for anyone with an interest in purchasing a winch – regardless if they have experience or not with these types of items beforehand.
The price is affordable, metal parts sturdy without sacrificing weight, and installation takes less than 30 minutes total (and about 15 with two people).
It is good to have the ability to connect it to your vehicle’s battery for ease of use, but you can also connect it to an electrical outlet if needed.
The directions are thorough and come with many helpful tips in case you are not experienced in using this type of product before. The winch comes with a sling, gloves, and hooks.
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Durable and strong material
- Does not come with remote control
Also read: Best All-Terrain Tires for Duramax
What size winch do I need for my Polaris Ranger?
This is a common question we receive at winchsuperstore.com. We came up with a simple equation to help you calculate the proper size winch needed for your UTV or Side-by-Side vehicle.
Our goal is to offer Polaris Ranger riders an easy way to determine which winch will fit on their model of UTV. Please keep in mind that with most aftermarket UTV accessories it’s about achieving the look you want.
For example, if you have a 1996 Polaris Ranger 6X6 and want to add side racks for guns or fishing rods, then choosing a powder-coated steel rack with black accents is your best bet. If you are more of a high shine chrome or polished aluminum person then the chrome racks may work better for you. Either way, we have a solution to fit your needs and budget!
To help Polaris Ranger 1000 owners achieve their look and feel confident they are purchasing the correct winch it’s as easy as:
- Measuring the front bumper width
- Measuring the front winch mount width
- Match those two measurements with the winch listed below
note: the winch may fit on your UTV if it isn’t listed, however, you will have to drill new holes for proper winch mounting.
As of 8/14/16, our known fit list is below. Keep in mind some models require drilling of new holes so be sure you are okay with that before purchasing.
Why You Need a Winch?
This is the first question you have to ask yourself before buying a winch. Do I really need one? A winch is an investment both in terms of money and space, although most manufacturers offer compact models these days, they are still pretty large. If you already own a 4×4 with recovery points front and back, do you really need to use a winch?
If you are still not 100% sure, it is important that you learn more about winches at this point. The thing with winches is that they are useless without the right gear and knowledge to go with them, so if you are not planning to take part in off-road activities, it might be a good idea to invest your money elsewhere.
On the other hand, if you do enjoy adventuring out of the city every now and again, having a winch installed on your vehicle will provide you with an invaluable tool that could potentially save your life one day.
Types of Winch
There are two types of winches, manual and electric, which means that they either require human power to be operated or an external energy source like electricity.
The manual type is only useful in the case of something like snow because you can simply pull it out and use it, however, this would involve quite a lot of effort and time, which you might not have in case of an emergency.
The electric models are powered via a cable that attaches to your car or truck battery. This means that they can be used in any situation when the vehicle is running.
Which Type Should You Get?
The choice really lies with you, but there are some things you need to consider first. If you plan on using the winch more often, it might be a better idea to invest in an electric model, as they tend to be faster and more efficient.
Manual models are useful for specific circumstances such as getting out of snow or mud, although if you’re stuck in high grass or croc ditches, you might find it difficult to use a manual winch.
How to Mount a Winch on Your Polaris Ranger
Unless you plan on only using the winch once in a while, it is best that you have it professionally installed to avoid any complications or problems with your Polaris Ranger. This will also make sure that the winch fits perfectly well inside your bumper.
If you choose to do it yourself, though, here are some tips to help you through the process:
- First things first, mark where you want your winch to be mounted so that you can drill holes in the front bumper correctly. It may require a bit of trial and error before you get perfection because every product has its own specifications and dimensions.
- Find a good spot that isn’t in the way of your headlights or radiator, but is still accessible when the hood is closed. The electric winches will require their power ports to be connected to a power source such as the battery so they should be mounted near it.
- Use a stud finder to make sure there isn’t any metal inside the holes you are about to drill. This is super important as using a power tool on metal will end up with some sparks and that’s bad for your new winch.
- Keep in mind that your bumper needs two support brackets, one on each side of the winch for mounting, so make sure you have them ready before you start drilling.
- Once the brackets are in place and everything is measured correctly, it’s time to drill the holes for your winch bolts. You don’t want these to be too big or they will come loose after some time, but not too small either because that might lead to rust.
- When everything fits where it should, carefully install the winch using the right tools for the job and tighten all bolts to their maximum capacity.
- Attach your cable to the front end of your Polaris Ranger and make sure you leave enough slack in case you need to go back one day (even though this is unlikely).
- You may need a few extra tools for this last part, depending on the type of winch you have purchased. For example, if your winch is electric, you will need to connect its power plugs to the battery’s positive and negative terminals respectively. If it is manual, finding a place for your hand crank might be a good idea.
- Congratulations, you’re all set to go winch when you need to! If there’s something missing from this guide or you have any questions about the whole process, don’t hesitate to leave a comment for us and we will do our best to help you out.
FAQ Best Winch for Polaris Ranger 1000
When should I use the synthetic line on my Polaris Ranger Winch?
The best winch for Polaris Ranger 1000 is a cable-type winch. A steel cable drum with a direct drive gear system. It uses a standard 3/8″x50′ steel cable as an endless loop of cable on the drum.
What is the top speed of a Polaris Ranger 1000?
The top speed of a Polaris Ranger 1000 is 55-60 mph.
How much horsepower is a Polaris 1000?
A Polaris 1000 has about 10 horsepower.
Are they compatible with an older model winch?
Yes, the winch is compatible with any older model. You’ll need to follow specific instructions though to ensure you don’t damage the machines.
This article is mainly for people who are looking to buy the best winch for Polaris Ranger 1000. We have collected all the necessary information about the different types of winches available in the market. We have made a detailed comparison of these brands based on various parameters including built quality, warranty, performance, and customer reviews.
We also considered the fact that not everyone needs to buy the winch for Polaris Ranger 1000 because there are many other factors to consider while purchasing a winch including what type of rope you want to use, the distance you intend to cover, and whether your ranger is 4×4 or 2×4.
This article tries to answer all these queries for you so that it would be easier for you to select the best winch for Polaris Ranger 1000 that suits your needs.
He has many years of experience in writing, and he is also a niche blogger. For this reason, he has been able to run his own blog for some time now.
He is the owner of many other websites. He started it in the year 2014 and since then, he has been working on it every day.